Our new drop-off zone and routine on Windsor Dr. is called Drop and Go. This is to ensure the safety of all Windsor students.
Drop and Go will have three parent volunteers directing cars along the curb between the drop off signs on Windsor Drive from 8:40 a.m.-9:05 a.m. daily. Volunteers will guide cars through the line and assist your children in exiting your vehicle if needed.
Here is how the procedure will work:
- Parents must follow the volunteer’s direction and pull up to the front of the line.
- Do not pass cars in front of you.
- Children must be ready to exit the car as parents pull into the line (no looking for backpacks, putting folders away, etc.) or they will be directed to circle the block.
- Parents must NOT GET OUT OF THE CAR.
- Pull up, volunteers open doors (if needed), kids exit, volunteer closes the door, the car leaves.
- Parents pull away when the door closes-no watching the kids walk in.
Volunteers will assist your children out of your car and guide them to the sidewalk. Parents are still more than welcome to walk their children up to the grounds, but parking must be done beyond the drop off area on Windsor Drive, or on Miner or Campbell Streets.
Also, please remember there are no U-turns or double parking on Windsor Drive!
Family members interested in volunteering for the Drop and Go can sign up at http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c084ba5a72ba3f49-windsor .
Please remember this is being done for the safety of all students at Windsor School. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Mrs. Fabrizio or Ms. Hiltz.