Our PTA wants to provide fun and further enrich the education and health of all students and families of Windsor. School administration has oversight over any PTA activity held at Windsor School.
- BIRTHDAY BOOKS. A gift to every student from PTA on (or around) their birthday. Students visit the main office to choose a book of their very own to take home and enjoy!
- JUNIOR GREAT BOOKS. Small reading group discussions lead by volunteer parents. For students who enjoy reading, practicing critical thinking and learning about other cultures.
Arts in Education
- AUTHOR VISIT & CULTURAL ARTS PRESENTATION. Each year our PTA strives to further enrich student learning by funding a unique, all school assembly presentation(s) in partnership with our school.
- REFLECTIONS ART PROGRAM. A yearly art competition with a unique theme selected by the National PTA. Local Unit Reps (as part of the Reflections Committee) advertise the program and theme, rules of entry, guidelines and collect/package student projects for delivery to council for judging. Students are recognized and projects may advance beyond council to region, state, or national.
- DANCE PARTY. Annual dance party typically in late January (about the time when cold weather is making us antsy). Sensory friendly time precedes the the main dance to offer a more relaxed option. The theme is determined by the Dance Party Committee and school administration determines the start time/duration.
- ACTIVITY NIGHTS. Separate one-hour activity nights for our youngest Wildcats in kindergarten and 1st grade. Theme and format is determined by separate grade-level committee chairs.
- HALLOWEEN & VALENTINE CLASSROOM PARTIES. Supported through Room Rep in their beginning-of-year organization; each classroom party is planned (w/ teacher blessing) and delivered by parent volunteers.
Celebrate & Enrich 5th Graders
- 5th GRADE COMMITTEE supports and celebrates 5th grade students and their families in their final year at Windsor.
- Funding for YMCA Camp Duncan team-building field trip
- Hosting End-of-year Breakfast and momento
- Unique “Year of 20XX” items (t-shirts, group photo, banner, and memory video)
- A Middle School Liaison (sub committee of the 5th Grade Committee) helps by reviewing/updating our PTAs “Introduction to South” MS document and passing along information from South PTA.
- WORLD OF WORK (5th only) – offered to 5th graders; one day that 5th graders can experience a few hours of the “world of work” at local businesses.
Support Teachers & School
- ROOM REPS – Volunteers for each classrooms are assigned (and supported) by our Lead PTA Room Rep at the beginning of (and throughout) the school year. Classroom Room Rep(s) partner with their teacher to communicate volunteer needs (and dates) throughout the school year. Once classroom lists are made available to PTA (early Sept) specific classroom assignments can be made. Communication of assigned Room Reps happens around the timing of our first general PTA meeting of the year.
- VOLUNTEERS –
- In the Library
- During PTA activities and events (Picture Day, activity nights, Book Fair, etc)
- Serve as chaperone during Hearing or Reading Testing
- Assist with LMC end-of-year book inventory
- Food donations
- TEACHER/STAFF APPRECIATION WEEK – A week of activities to celebrate our teachers organized by the Teacher Appreciation Committee (with support from Room Reps and parents) . Typically the first full week in May.
- WELCOME BACK & CONFERENCE DINNER/LUNCH – organized through our Hospitality Committee, our PTA brings in the main course and families supplement with donated drinks and sides several times throughout the year. We’ve also provided frozen treats and cups for water on Field Day.