Our PTA wants to provide fun and further enrich the education and health of all students and families of Windsor. School administration has oversight over any PTA activity held at Windsor School.
- Birthday Books. A gift to every student from PTA on (or around) their birthday. Students visit the main office to choose a book of their very own to take home and enjoy!
Supporting the Arts
- All School Cultural Arts Assemblies. Each year our PTA strives to further enrich student learning by funding a unique, all school assembly presentation(s) in partnership with our school.
- Reflections. An art competition with a yearly theme selected by the National PTA. Local Unit Reps (as part of the Reflections Committee) advertise the theme, rules of entry, and gathering student projects for delivery to council for judging. Student are recognized and projects can advance to the region, state, and national levels.
Being Active and Having Fun
- Dance Party. Annual dance party typically in late January (about the time when cold weather is making us antsy). Sensory friendly time precedes the the main dance to offer a more relaxed option. The theme is determined by the Dance Party Committee and school administration determines the start time/duration.
- Activity Nights. Separate one-hour activity nights for our youngest Wildcats in kindergarten and 1st grade. Theme and format is determined by separate grade-level committee chairs.
- Halloween & Valentine Classroom Parties. Supported through Room Rep in their beginning-of-year organization; each classroom party is planned (w/ teacher blessing) and delivered by parent volunteers.
Supporting & Celebrating 5th Graders
- 5th Grade Committee supports and celebrates our 5th grade students and their families in their final year at Windsor.
- Funding for YMCA Camp Duncan team-building field trip
- Hosting End-of-year Breakfast and momento
- Unique “Year of 20XX” items (t-shirts, group photo, banner, and memory video)
- A Middle School Liaison (sub committee of the 5th Grade Committee) helps by reviewing/updating our PTAs “Introduction to South” MS document and passing along information from South PTA.
- World of Work (5th) – offered to 5th graders; one day that 5th graders can experience a few hours of the “world of work” at local businesses.
- Room Reps – Volunteers for each classrooms are assigned (and supported) by our Lead PTA Room Rep at the beginning of (and throughout) the school year. Classroom Room Rep(s) partner with their teacher to communicate volunteer needs (and dates) throughout the school year. Once classroom lists are made available to PTA (early Sept) specific classroom assignments can be made. Communication of assigned Room Reps happens around the timing of our first general PTA meeting of the year.
- Library Volunteers – support Windsor Librarian throughout the year by communicating ways to assist in the LMC during library times; especially for book inventory at the end of the school year.
- Staff Appreciation – A week of activities to celebrate our teachers organized by the Teacher Appreciation Committee (with support from Room Reps and parents) . Typically the first full week in May.
- Hospitality – organized through our Hospitality Committee, provides hospitality to teachers and staff as well as to families and students in a variety of ways throughout the year. We like to welcome teachers and staff back in August with lunch and offer both a Fall and Spring Conference time dinner supplemented by donations from families. We’ve offered a sweet treat and water on field day as well.