The Windsor Elementary School PTA provides funding for Academic Support and Enrichment, Field Trips, Capital Improvements, Technology, Teacher Supplies and more. We also organize family events such as the Book Fair, Activity Night, Family Fun Event, Spirit Events and more. Please consider joining the PTA to help keep these programs active and continue to give our Windsor Community a great family and educational experience! Here are some of the PTA sponsored programs at Windsor. Get involved! You will be glad you did!
WAYS WE FOCUS ON STUDENTS (via events/activities offered during the school day)
- Birthday Books (K-5th) – to help celebrate a student on (or around) their birthday, each student can visit the main office to choose a book of their very own to take home and enjoy!
- Cultural Arts Presentation (K-5th) – special presentations coordinated and funded by the PTA for all students to enjoy via a school assembly.
- Junior Great Books Program (1st-5th) – extracurricular, reading enrichment program held for 8-weeks starting in late Jan – early Mar.
- Camp Duncan (5th) – offered to 5th graders.
- World of Work (5th) – offered to 5th graders.
WAYS WE FOCUS ON STUDENTS (via EVENTS held before/after our school day)
- Kindergarten Activity Night (all Kindergarteners) – organized and delivered by the Kindergarten Activity Night Committee typically the 3rd week in October.
- First Grade Activity Night (1st) – organized and delivered by the First Grade Activity Night Committee typically the 2nd week in November.
- National PTA Reflections Art Program (K-5th) – a art competition with a yearly theme selected by the National PTA. Local Unit Representatives, as part of the Reflections Committee, support students by providing theme information, rules of entry, guidelines for submissions, entry forms, and helping to manage projects to be judged by PTA Council (or PTA Region).
- 2018/19 Theme: “Heroes Around Me”
- Chess Club (K-5th) provided by Coach Paul Ruso of Illinois Chess Teachers – Fridays 3:35-4:35 in the Library (LMC). Three sessions throughout the school year.
- Green Team (1st-5th) – an eco-friendly club for students interested in the environment, recycling, and gardening. Held one Monday a month during lunch recess. Parent permission is required in order to attend.
- Variety Show – CANCELED for 2018/19 (4th & 5th only) – organized and delivered by the Variety Show Committee. The Variety Show hosts performances by 4th and 5th graders and involves Emcee opportunities and an evening show in December. Tryouts/ auditions are held in early November with rehearsals continuing until the December performances through an assembly to all Wildcats and evening time on a limited-ticket basis to families of the 4th & 5th graders.
- Wildcat Dance Party (K- 5th) – Formerly known as the Sock Hop. Open to all students in late January. At the beginning of the evening, we will have a 30-min time-frame dedicated to be low-sensory. With regular lights and lower volume music students can enjoy the calm before it ramps up at 7 pm. The dance party will begin to wrap up at 7’45pm so that we are cleaning up and getting ready for the night to end at 8pm. This event will be fully energized!
- Science & Engineering Fair (K-5th) – Organized and delivered by the Science Fair Committee and held in February. Students have a chance to explore Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics through an experiment or researching a topic and presenting at the yearly Science & Engineering Fair! A perfect activity for Winter Break.
- Celebrate 5th Graders – dedicated projects and events to celebrate our students last year at Windsor. Organized and delivered by the 5th Grade Committee (and several subcommittees). Students enjoy a unique class t-shirt, class photo, memory video, and end-of-year breakfast held in late May.
- Wildcat Character (K-5th) – see above.
- Family Fun Event (K-5th) – Event open to students and their families on a day of no school. Event varies from year to year.
WAYS WE FOCUS ON OUR STAFF/TEACHERS
- Recruiting Room Reps for all classrooms
- Recruiting Library Media Center (LMC) Volunteers
- Celebrate teachers and staff the 3rd week of May during Staff Appreciation Week!
WAYS WE FOCUS ON FAMILIES & OUR COMMUNITY
- Veterans Breakfast – provided on a limited basis, RSVP only to Windsor students & their Veteran(s). A breakfast celebration organized and funded by a combination of the Windsor PTA and community donations. Breakfast is provided along with a presentation of the flags by a local Boy Scout Troop (typically Troop 132 in Arlington Heights). Windsor School further celebrates the Veterans by organizing a short parade down the primary school hallway and including Veterans in the morning announcements. Windsor loves to honor and thank our local Veterans!
- Welcome Committee – (Any new families and families of Kindergarteners)
- Volunteer Recognition – (celebrate our volunteers)
- Middle School Liaison
- A.C.E. it 25!– coming soon!
- Back-to-School-Social (families of incoming students) – organized and delivered by the Back-to-Social-Social Committee in late August. This event reconnects families and friends after our summer break away from school.
- Wildcat Character (K-5th) – focuses on ways to build character by providing ways for students to provide service to and for their school and community.
- National PTA School of Excellence – We Want to Hear From You! (9/25/18), Survey Published (9/5/18)
- Marquee – provide date relevant, all school activities on the information board/marquee located on Miner Street.